Remove the Complexity from Logistics
RPM is one of the fastest-growing logistics companies in North America and Europe, servicing the Finished Vehicle logistics and Freight transportation industries. Leveraging a robust network of 50,000+ independent carriers around the globe, we deliver thousands of loads per month and hundreds of thousands of vehicles per year, addressing our customers’ shipping needs by sourcing and developing capacity using our own proprietary technology tools and software. With our continued global expansion into new markets, we have expanded our 3PL solution-driven service offerings to include capacity planning, information technology, network design, strategic planning, and transportation services.
RPM made the Inc. 5000 list 8-straight years, Inc. 5000 Regionals three straight years, was named by Food Logistics as a Top Green Provider, is Great Places To Work® certified, made Crain’s Private 200 Companies three consecutive years, Named by Transport Topics as a Top 100 Freight Broker four consecutive years in a row, awarded the honor of Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures, Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces, “Cool Places to Work in Michigan” by Crain’s Detroit Business, named a “Top Place to Work” by Detroit Free Press, and we are 9001 ISO certified, 1401 ISO certified, and an EcoVadis rated supplier.
Our Core Behaviors
Our Ambition is…
To be known as the North Star of leadership development. That means we think of our “product” as deeply mature, awakened leaders whose job is to help the people we lead find their highest ambition through their work and through their own leadership.
Our Aim is…
To expand and evolve into the most reliable, consistent, and agile source of logistics solutions for our FVL and Freight customers. To transform the entire supply chain, from origin to destination, to be more efficient, effective, and sustainable. To become the solutioning source for digital logistics innovation for our clients, wherever they are going.
The Site Software Engineer role is integral to our continued success and mission, which is to remove the complexity from logistics. You need to be a leader and a team player, dedicated to your customer, passionate about our industry and disciplined to do what it takes to get the job done. If you are energized by overcoming challenges from clients and carriers and by building lasting relationships, then accelerate your career with our rapidly growing company. We empower our employees to take charge and to step up to any challenge.
This position is located in our Gdansk, Poland office and you will be the key IT resource for members of the local office and members of the larger European Team. You’ll need to be a self-starter and fast learner, frequently responding to the immediate needs of the European Team without explicit direction from your U.S.-based teammates. You’ll be the perfect hybrid of Software Developer and on-site support Engineer across all RPM Applications.
- Collaborate with colleagues in product design, product management and systems architecture to develop solutions and bring great ideas to life
- Stay on top of industry trends and best practice to continuously improve what we do and ensure our internal and external customer experience is the best it can be
- Adherence to coding, security, and data protection best practices
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with appropriate staff, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Investigates problem areas and drives solutions to resolution.
- Follows the software development lifecycle.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Adherence to RPM values
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
- Other job duties as assigned
Attributes & Skills
- Evidence of problem solving and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment
- Evidence of being detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan work and meet deadlines with little or no supervision
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software as necessary
- Team player and ability to be flexible, adaptable, and accommodating to employees at all levels
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related degree
- 2+ years of experience in IT Applications Development
- Coding experience in .NET stack
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Scripting and Data Models
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Deployments
- Experience with API design and integration is preferred
- Knowledge of IT and Computer Science Principles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently and as a member of team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Unit and Integration Testing experience
- Experience with Jitterbit
Compensation and Benefits
We offer competitive pay and generous benefits.
Be a Part of Something Bigger
To continue our incredible growth and achieve even greater success, we want smart, energetic, well-rounded candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment. We understand our company’s strength comes from our team of dedicated individuals who work better together, embrace change, who are tenacious, persistent, measured, disciplined, loyal, and value trust earned when the job is complete.
Come as You Are
RPM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. RPM does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
This job description is intended to define the general nature of the work performed by
employees assigned to this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of employees in this role. All our employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time.