Senior Lecturer in Automotive and Transportation Design
Swansea IQ Waterfront campus (with travel to other campuses as necessary)
£43,434 – £51,799 per annum
– ABOUT US –
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD) is an employment-focused university, dedicated to ensuring students from diverse backgrounds develop the academic knowledge and practical skills to thrive.
We placed 13th for teaching quality in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022 and 8th in the UK for ‘Social Inclusion’ in this league table this year.
We are now looking for a Senior Lecturer in Automotive and Transportation Design to join our Swansea IQ Waterfront campus on a full time, permanent basis working 37 hours per week.
– THE ROLE –
The post holder will be under the line management of the Academic Director and may be expected to take operational direction of a Programme (or Programmes) of Study at undergraduate and / or postgraduate level. In this capacity, the post holder will be responsible for the teaching, assessment, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of the programme(s), including offering academic leadership, support and guidance to a limited number of staff. The post holder will also have responsibility for the enhancement of the student experience and ensuring the programme(s) operate within a QA framework and in line with University policies and procedures. The post holder will offer teaching and instruction up to and including post graduate supervision. The post holder will be expected to undertake scholarship, research, training and/or project work, individually or as part of a network, and will actively seek out funding opportunities, knowledge transfer, external engagement and collaboration, and professional recognition. The post holder will hold a significant managerial / leadership role within the Academic Discipline and / or Institute and make a positive contribution to the day-to-day activities and forward planning of the Academic Discipline and Institute.
Please view the Job Description for further details, where you will also find a list of the essential and desirable ‘Person Specification’ criteria.
– ABOUT YOU –
To be considered as a Senior Lecturer in Automotive and Transportation Design, you will need:
– A postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline
– Broad experience in delivering via high quality and innovative teaching or industry experience, methods of project management, delivery, assessment and student support at undergraduate and postgraduate level, including supervision at Post-Graduate level with a willingness to teach by video-link, VLE, e-mail or website delivery
– Evidence of undertaking a significant administrative role or position within an
– Effective interpersonal and communication skills
– Evidence of the contribution to design, development and implementation of curriculum content across a range of modules or programmes of study
– Demonstrate a commitment to leading a team and fostering an effective team ethos
It would also be beneficial if you have:
– Membership of a relevant professional body
– A PhD in a relevant discipline or a teaching qualification
– Industry experience relevant to the subject area
– Experience of academic programme accreditation Evidence of ongoing and successful scholarship, research, professional development or project work through publication and contract, grant or funding awards, professional or peer recognition or external impact
– Evidence of providing academic or industry leadership and supervision of others within an area of responsibility, such as a creative development and delivery, programme team or a collaborative projects
– Evidence of commitment to exploring external funding opportunities, awards or grants or possible commercial opportunities
– Ability to communicate through the medium of Welsh – oral and written
– BENEFITS –
– Annual leave entitlement is 35 days’ annual leave per year, plus 8 bank holidays and 4 University closure days
Our employees get access to a great pay and benefits package in recognition of their valued contribution including:
– Good pay and conditions; as an accredited living wage employer, we offer competitive pay
– Pension scheme membership from USS to provide benefits for you and your family
– Family-friendly policies that provide for flexible working, including additional paid maternity and paternity leave
– Career and development opportunities, including support to gain further qualifications
– Support for mental health and wellbeing, including occupational health and counselling support services
– Staff discounts on a range of products and services
– Travel schemes, including the cycle to work scheme
So, if you’re seeking to play a keep role in the upkeep of our university as a Senior Lecturer in Automotive and Transportation Design, please apply via the button shown.
Please note, this application process does not include the option to submit a CV. Therefore, your application will be assessed based on your answers to the application questions only and, in particular, your Supporting Statement.
Closing date: 3 August 2022, 11:59pm